In a moment of internet browsing (also known as time wasting) I came across a little treasure on Tasty Kitchen. I went to Fred Meyer for the sole purpose of buying a block of cheese. I wanted to have neat little rows of fish crackers lined up on my baking sheet just so. The recipe claimed it was easy, and it was!
Abigail helps me in the kitchen sometimes. She invites herself onto the kitchen counter and we have fun. Here was our fish cracker reality.
We baked with our hats on because it was so cold in our house! Actually, because I didn’t want two greasy hair pictures in the exact same shirt in one week. Please note the shirt has been washed. Also just want to point out to the big wigs at Columbia that my thermal shirt AND awesome hat are from your store, which we love, in case you wanted to give us some free stuff. And also because I snipped a hole in the bottom of this shirt sewing Christmas ornaments last year and I’ve never gotten over it. ANYWAY…
Here’s Abigail’s step by step guide:
1. Let your mom make a “fish” cookie cutter from an aluminum can. As soon as that is finished, take it and squeeze it in your hand. (See above picture.)
2. Your mom will shred a bunch of cheese. Eat some. Then, watch as she blends everything in the food processor.
3. Color while waiting for the dough to chill in the fridge.
6. Make some “whales” for Hank.
7. Get down off the counter because stamping out a million fish gets a little boring, but don’t forget your free hug.
8. Enjoy! And remember to share.
*For the recipe and a much more appetizing step-by-step guide, go here!
Happy Weekend. Eat something yummy and do something fun together!